1216Re: white American players

  • harlanzo
    Aug 25, 2002
      --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "John W. Craven" <john1974@u...> wrote:
      > On Sat, 24 Aug 2002, doc319 wrote:
      > I think that the primary thing we should be looking at is not so
      much race but background. Jason Williams, for example, has quite a
      bit more in common with Gary Payton (in terms of his upbringing) than
      John Stockton. Even though he is very clearly caucasian, if you stuck
      him into the "black" category I wouldn't necessarily have a problem
      with it. The downside, of course, is that it's a lot easier to look
      at and listen to guys and divide them based on their skin color and
      their accents than it is to review each individual player on a case-
      by-case basis.

      > John Craven

      I agree with what you and doc319 that there are much better ways to
      categorizes human beings. the question i think is really what, if
      anything, the data mike provided reveals about say the talent pool or
      even race issues in the nba at any time. I have no answer to the
      question but I don't think it is necessarily a waste of time to ask
      it.
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic