1182Re: [APBR_analysis] Re: Euclidian comparison of current and past players

    Aug 4, 2002
      On Sat, 3 Aug 2002, HoopStudies wrote:

      [...]

      > Moncrief was the perceived star of his teams. Majerle was not.
      > Moncrief was a better player, without a doubt.

      No question that Moncrief was better, although wasn't Marques Johnson
      still around when Moncrief joined the Bucks? MJ had been the star
      previously and I think of those Bucks teams as having two perceived stars,
      Marques and Moncrief.

      I think Marques joined the league the same year as Bernard King and Walter
      Davis, an incredible trio of SFs coming into the league at once. Injuries
      shortened his career, but he possessed a wider range of all-around skills
      than the other two, and might have been the best of them overall,
      quality-wise if not longevity-wise. Yet another negative contribution of
      Benoit Benajamin to the NBA: his (inadvertent) collision with Marques
      Johnson broke Johnson's neck and finished his NBA career.