1138Re: Dream Team vs. the rest of the NBA

  • dlirag
    Jul 18, 2002
      > Assuming that team had something to gain by going 29-0, as opposed
      > 27-2, they probably would go 29-0. The longest win streak ever was
      > 33, so 29 straight seems realistic. Also assumes that they get the
      > same kind of practice as everyone else to get used to each other,
      > that they no longer reside on other teams (Kobe and Shaq are on the
      > dream team, not on the Lakers anymore).

      My calculations using the Pythagorean formula suggest that a 28.5-0.5
      team (the minimum strength of a team that would probably go 29-0)
      would beat their opponents by around 23 points, assuming a game pace
      close to the NBA norm. Is this method of estimation sound?
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic