110Re: Cha at Mil, 5/20

  • msg_53@hotmail.com
    May 24, 2001

      . i believe the league is
      > allowing zone defenses next year to force teams to run more to
      prevent a zone
      > from being set up in the first place. but it will backfire in
      making the game
      > even more slowed down with less true action...
      >
      > bob chaikin

      I see it the same way as Bob. Allowing even more defense, and
      forcing more on the offense seems transparently to favor defenses.
      How is it enhancing offense to force teams to move the ball up in 8
      sec. instead of 10?
      I have wondered if the shot clock should be 30 sec. instead of
      24. After a team brings the ball to within 25 feet, typically there
      are 16-18 sec. left; a couple of passes and there are 6-8 sec. left.
      Now it is desparation time. Another 6 sec. to set up gives offenses
      almost twice the time to set up a good shot.
      Didn't the ABA allow 30 sec? Were they plagued by low-scoring
      games?
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic