Welcome

  • Deborah Myerson
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2006
      Welcome to everyone who has accepted the invitation to participate in the
      APA Private Practice Division listserve!

      We hope this will be an active forum for exchanging news and information of
      interest to planning consultants.

      We invite participants to offer a brief intro about themselves, to help
      everyone get to know who else is on the list (about 50 so far). So, feel
      free to send to the list a few lines about yourself, your practice, areas of
      interest, information you would find most useful, etc.

      Alternatively (or in addition), I've drafted up a "Member Survey" on the
      Yahoo groups web interface - feel free to submit information about yourself
      and your firm there. The link is
      http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/APA-PPD/database, click on "Member
      Survey," and then "Add Record."

      That said, I'll kick things off with a quick intro:

      I've been in private practice as a sole proprietor for about three years
      now, since we moved from Washington, DC to Bloomington, Indiana in 2003.
      Much of my work is research, writing, and program management in areas that
      include housing, land use, real estate development, and community
      development. I've also worked closely with communities and organizations on
      corridor development and planning, particularly scenic byways and heritage
      corridors. Many of my clients continue to be DC-based, often nonprofit
      research/education organizations or government agencies. Previously, I was
      with the land use policy group at the Urban Land Institute, and before that,
      I was director of programs at Scenic America (both in DC). As my practice is
      growing, I'm sometimes encountering new situations where it would be great
      to be able to seek the advice of others who have been there, done that. I
      hope this listserve may be an opportunity share that kind of information.

      But enough about me - what about you?

      Deborah
      Deborah L. Myerson, AICP
      Planning and Development Consultant