Fw: WHY WASN'T THIS ON THE FRONT PAGE NEWS?

  • Jim Mackle
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1 9:46 AM

      Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 11:48 AM
      Subject: WHY WASN'T THIS ON THE FRONT PAGE NEWS?

      I received this from John McInerney from MI. Very Appropriate.

      WHY WASN'T THIS ON THE FRONT PAGE NEWS?
      Date: Tuesday, June 30, 2009,
      1:38 PM

      PO2 (EOD2) (Explosive Ordnance Disposal)
      Mike Monsoor, a Navy EOD Technician, was
      awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor
      posthumously for jumping on a grenade in Iraq,
      giving his life to save his fellow Seals.
      (Notice: Mike was not a Navy SEAL, he was EOD.
      He gave his life to save a group of Navy SEALS.)

      During Mike Monsoor's funeral in
      San Diego ,
      as his coffin was being moved from the hearse
      to the grave site at Ft. Rosecrans National
      Cemetery , SEAL's were lined up on both sides
      of the pallbearers route forming a column of two's,
      with the coffin moving up the center. As Mike's
      coffin passed, each SEAL, having removed his
      gold Trident from his uniform, slapped it down
      embedding the Trident in the wooden coffin

      The slaps were audible from across the cemetery; by the time the coffin arrived grave side,
      it looked as though it had a gold inlay from all the Tridents pinned to it.

      This was a fitting send-off for a warrior hero..

      This should be front-page news instead of the crap we see every day..
      Since the media won't make this news,

      I choose to make it news by forwarding it ..

      I am very proud of our military. If you are proud too, please pass this on.  If not then rest assured that these fine men and women of our military will continue to serve and protect.

      God Bless our Troops