Fw: Aid For Friends - Meal Packaging - Saturday, October 4 2008

  • Jim Mackle
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2008

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2008 8:52 AM
      Subject: Fw: Aid For Friends - Meal Packaging - Saturday, October 4 2008

      From: Donnelly, Donna [mailto:donna.donnelly@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 9:43 AM
      To: Gallagher, Maria (MBS)

      The Hibernian Hunger Project will be at Aid For Friends on Saturday,
      October 4, 2008 from 9 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. packaging meals.  We are hoping
      to do 5,000 meals for them to stock their empty refrigerators.  They have
      the food, we need the people.  Please pass this flyer on to anyone you
      think might be able to help out.  If you have contact with any schools,
      grade schools, high schools, please let them know about this for Community
      Service purposes.

      Thank you,

      Ed Dougherty
      Donna Donnelly
      Phil Bowdren

      AID FOR FRIENDS IS IN NEED OF MEALS

      The Hibernian Hunger Project will again be helping Aid For Friends by making meals on Saturday, October 4, from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.  Our hope is to package 5,000 meals at this time.

      If you have a couple of hours, please gather some family, friends and neighbors and come spend some “feel good” time.  If you know any students who need Community Service hours, this is a great way to perform those hours.  A letter of service will be given at the end of their day.  If you are associated with a school, please forward this flyer to that school.

      We need your help, we need lots of people to come out and help – we can do this – in 4 hours – we can help feed a lot of hungry people.

      Aid For Friends is located at 12271 Townsend Road, Philadelphia, PA  19154.  (215) 464-2224    FAX (215) 464-2507

      Directions: FROM MONTGOMERY COUNTY VIA BYBERRY RD-Take Byberry Rd. east to the Blvd. Make a left onto the Blvd. to travel north. Stay in the right hand lane and take the Blvd. to Southampton Rd. (National Guard Armory on the right hand corner). Make a right onto Southampton Rd. and take it to the second traffic light. Make a right at the second light onto Townsend Rd. Our building is the fourth one on the left.

      FROM I 95 NORTH OR SOUTH-Take 95 to Woodhaven Rd. Route 63West. Take 63W. to the Thornton Rd. Ex-it. At the light make a right onto Thornton Rd. and then a left onto Townsend Rd. (Holy Redeemer). Take Townsend Road around the bend to our office.

      ROUTE 1 SOUTH FROM BUCKS COUNTY-RT. 1 south becomes the Roosevelt Blvd. south. Stay in the left hand lane and make a left onto Southampton Rd. (National Guard Armory on left hand side of street). Take Southampton Rd. to the second light and make a right onto Townsend Rd. We are the fourth building on the left.

      PA TURNPIKE-Take the Turnpike to Exit 28 - Philadelphia. After the toll bear right to take I south. Follow directions for ROUTE I SOUTH above.