RE: [ANE-2] re:shoe laces?

  • Lisbeth S. Fried
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2009
      Dear Victor, Aren, et. al.

      There is also Mark 1:7, Like 3:16, John 1:27.

      The NRSV translates all of these (i.e., both the OT verses and the NT) as
      sandal thongs, not shoe laces.

      What did the shoes look like? Are sandal thongs shoe laces? According to the
      text, they must be separate from the shoes and capable of being loosened.
      Were there holes in the sandals to tie them up with these things?

      Best,

      Liz Fried

      Ann Arbor

      _____