[OT] Valentine's day contest

  • James Spinti
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2009
      Eisenbrauns is having a Valentine's day contest again this year:

      Love is in the air! We're looking for a few good scholars to display
      both eros and erudition in our second Ancient Near Eastern Valentines
      contest.

      We want no more than three of your original* compositions, in any
      ancient Near Eastern language (yes, we'll take Greek, too), accompanied
      by an English translation. Artwork is similarly welcome (please make
      sure your submissions are workplace friendly). All entries should be
      sent via e-mail to Andy Kerr (akerr at eisenbrauns dot com) before noon
      on Wednesday, February 11.

      The decisions of the judges will be final and, most likely, extremely
      arbitrary. Prizes will be Eisenbrauns gift certificates: $75.00 for
      first place, $50.00 for second, and $25.00 for third place. Winners will
      be announced on February 13, 2009, and winning entries will be showcased
      on the Eisenbrauns website. Submitting an entry constitutes permission
      to reproduce your work.

      * We have memorized the entire corpus of Near Eastern poetry, and will
      be watching for cheating. OK, we haven't - but someone out there will
      catch you at it if your words are not your own, and that wouldn't be
      good. So don't.

      James
      James Spinti
      Marketing Director, Book Sales Division