Re: [ANE-2] Enuma Elish & comparative mythology

  • Miguel Valerio
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2006
      I would then also recommend Mary Bachvarova's article available
      online at:
      http://www.duke.edu/web/classics/grbs/FTexts/45/Bachvarova.pdf

      Best,
      Miguel

      ---

      Miguel Valério
      Undergraduate Student of Anthropology &
      On-his-own-researcher of Ancient History and Languages

      Faculdade Ciências Sociais e Humanas
      (Universidade Nova de Lisboa)
      Portugal

      LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
      http://es.voice.yahoo.com
    • victor avigdor hurowitz
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2006
        I just had a brief look at the article recommended her, and although it
        is interesting in its own right it has nothing to do with
        Enuma-elish. It does deal with, however Atrahasis which is calls
        erroneously "the Epic of Creation". It also mentions Bilgame$ and Aga as
        well as Eridu Genesis and I Kings 12.
        Best,
        Victor Hurowitz
        Dept. of Bible, Archaeology and ANE Studies
        Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
        Beer-Sheva, Israel