Joan Goodnick Westenholz Retirement Lecture

  • victor
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2009
      Dear ANE friends,
      I have been asked to distribute the following announcement of an even in
      honor of a colleague and friend.

      The Bible Lands Museum takes pleasure in inviting you to
      a special lecture in honor of BLMJ Chief Curator,
      Dr. Joan Goodnick Westenholz, on the occasion of her retirement

      Wednesday, 14th of January 2009 at 19:00

      Greetings
      Amanda Weiss, BLMJ Managing Director
      Prof. Avigdor Hurowitz, Ben-Gurion Univ.
      Prof. Michal Artzy, Haifa Univ.

      Lecture
      Prof. Wayne Horowitz
      Stars, Cows, Semicircles and Domes: Astronomical Creation Myths and the
      Mathematical Universe in Mesopotamian Thought

      Dr. Joan Goodnick Westenholz
      Closing remarks

      Please confirm your participation to dep.dir@... or the telephone
      listed below.