New Books from the Israel Antiquities Authority

  • eliot braun
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2009
      I'm pleased to announce the appearance of 2 new IAA volumes, which I assume, can be obtained through the usual channels:

      Paneas. Vol. I: The Roman to Early Islamic Periods Excavations in AreasA,B,E,F,G and H.(IAA Reports 37)

      Vasilios Tzaferis and Shoshana Israeli

      Ch 1: Introduction--Tzaferis
      Ch 2: The Site--Stratigraphy and architectural Remains--Tzaferis
      Ch 3: Area B: The Roman and Byz Mosaics--Israeli
      Ch 4: Area B: Stratigraphic Details and the Pottery from Strata I to IV--Israeli
      Ch 5: Area B: The Glass Vesselso--Y. Gorin-Rosen and R. E. Jackson-Tal
      Ch 6: Area B: The Medieval Pottery--M. Avissar
      Ch 7: Area F--Sratigraphic Analysis of the 'Burnt' Stree of shops and its Pottery--Israeli
      Ch 8: Area F--The lamps from the Shops--Israeli
      Ch 9: Area F--The Glass Finds--Gorin-Rosen and R. E. Jackson-Tal
      Ch 10: Area E--Stratigraphic Details and the Pottery from the Apsed Building--Israeli
      Ch 11: Historical and Archaeological Summary--J. F. Wilson and Tzaferis

      The Necropolis of Bet Guvrin-Eleutheropolis (IAA Reports 36)
      G. Avni, U. Dahari and A. Kloner

      Ch 1: Introduction
      Ch 2: The Burial Caves in the Necropolis
      Ch 3: The Architecture and Typology
      Ch 4: The Chronological Framework of the Cemeteries
      Ch 5: The Oil Lamps from the South Cemetery--J. Magness
      Ch 6: The Glass Vessels from the South Cemetery--T. Winter
      Ch 7: A Painted Tomb in the East Cemetery--T. Michaeli
      Ch 8 Urban Burial in Palestine in Light of the Bet Guvrin Necropolis
      Ch 9: Epilogue--Jewso, Pagan and Christians in Bet Guvrin
      Appendix 1: List of Tombs and Burial Caves

      Eliot Braun, Ph D
      PO Box 21, Har Adar 90836 Israel
      Tel 972-2-5345687, Cell 972-50-2231096