Tombs of the ancient rabbis/ Galilee

  • Joe Zias
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2008
      Living as I do in Jerusalem, one sees flyer's on nearly every bill board for bus trips advertising a grand tour of the ancient rabbis tombs in the Galilee. Whereas most of these tombs are based on legend and local traditions, does anyone know of any tombs for which there is definite archaeological evidence in terms of inscriptions, attesting to the place.

      Shalom and thanks

      Joe

      Joe Zias www.joezias.com
      Anthropology/Paleopathology