Megiddo ring inscription

  • Brian Colless
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2008
      A member of the list has been giving me good stimulation on my
      interpretation of the inscription on the Megiddo signet ring as West
      Semitic logo-syllabic writing, and saying "Sealed: the scepter of
      Megiddo"

      As you have seen me affirm pleadingly before, this confirms, verifies,
      authenticates, proves Mendenhall's decipherment of the Byblos pseudo-
      hieroglyphic script (a term that is as obsolete as Proto-Sinaitic).

      I have just revised my article on the ring: it has coloured pictures,
      a table of signs, and a link to my little monograph (pdf) on cracking
      the code of the West Semitic logo-syllabary.

      I hope you will give this sympathetic consideration, along with all
      the other things I wave in front of your eyes demanding your attention.

      Brian Colless

      Massey U, NZ