Nuzi Texts

  • Thomas L. Thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2008
      Dear Will Dilbeck,
      For some of the most accessible collections of Nuzi contracts in English, you should look at E.A. Speiser, "New Kirkuk Documents Relating to Family Laws," AASOR X (1930), 1-73; also his "100 New Selected Nuzi Texts," AASOR XVI (1936); also C.H. Gordon, "Fifteen Nuzi Tablets Relating to Women," Le Museon 48 (1935), 113-132. For a near complete bibliography of tablets translated--especially by Speiser and Gordon up through the end of the 60s, see my The Historicity of the Patriarchal Narratives (1974/ 2002), 196-297 and bibliography.
      Thomas

      Thomas L. Thompson