Re: Shana tova/happy new year

  • eliot braun
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 7, 2008
      Dear Peter and Robert,
        I hope you and your family are all well. Its the Jewish New Year and a time to wish you all the best.
        I'm also writing because I just spent the morning with Robert Merillees, who wants to get in touch with you. The easiest way is to email you both.
        Also, congratulations on your publication of T Abu Kharaz volume. I'm looking forward to seeing a copy in Jslm when it gets here.

      Best wishes to all,

      Eliot Braun, Ph D

      PO Box 21, Har Adar 90836 Israel

      Tel 972-2-5345687, Cell 972-50-2231096

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 7, 2008
        But, happy new year to you

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 26 12:14 PM
          I want to let the community know that on July 19th Barthel Hrouda, Professor em. of Near Eastern Archaeology, passed away in Germering near Munich. Barthel Hrouda belonged to the first generation of students of the late Prof. Anton Moortgat in Berlin. After the retirement of Anton Moortgat he became his successor on the chair for Near Eastern Archaeology in Berlin. Later he changed to the newly created chair of Near Eastern Archaeology at Munich University. He also was a prominent member of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences. Among his important publications are "Die Kulturgeschichte des Assyrischen Flachbildes" and the volume "Vorderasien I" in the "Handbuch der Archäologie". Between 1973 and 1989 Prof. Hrouda directed a number of excavation campaigns at Isin in Mesopotamia.