Sad news

  • Peter M. Fischer
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2008
      My dear friend, teacher, colleague and mentor since more than 30 years, Paul Åström, passed away on October 4, 2008.

      Peter M. Fischer
      The Swedish Expedition to Jordan and Palestine
      http://www.fischer.praktikertjanst.se/

      Mailing address:
      Dorjeskarsgatan 37
      SE-421 60 Vastra Frolunda
      Sweden
      email: peter.fischer@...
      Phone: +46 31 494058; mobile: +46 707 534317
      Fax: +46 31 493377
    • eliot braun
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 7, 2008
        Dear Peter and Robert,
          I hope you and your family are all well. Its the Jewish New Year and a time to wish you all the best.
          I'm also writing because I just spent the morning with Robert Merillees, who wants to get in touch with you. The easiest way is to email you both.
          Also, congratulations on your publication of T Abu Kharaz volume. I'm looking forward to seeing a copy in Jslm when it gets here.

        Best wishes to all,

        Eliot Braun, Ph D

        PO Box 21, Har Adar 90836 Israel

        Tel 972-2-5345687, Cell 972-50-2231096

        email: peter.fischer@ ptj.se

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 7, 2008
          But, happy new year to you

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 26, 2009
            I want to let the community know that on July 19th Barthel Hrouda, Professor em. of Near Eastern Archaeology, passed away in Germering near Munich. Barthel Hrouda belonged to the first generation of students of the late Prof. Anton Moortgat in Berlin. After the retirement of Anton Moortgat he became his successor on the chair for Near Eastern Archaeology in Berlin. Later he changed to the newly created chair of Near Eastern Archaeology at Munich University. He also was a prominent member of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences. Among his important publications are "Die Kulturgeschichte des Assyrischen Flachbildes" and the volume "Vorderasien I" in the "Handbuch der Archäologie". Between 1973 and 1989 Prof. Hrouda directed a number of excavation campaigns at Isin in Mesopotamia.