SV: [ANE-2] RE: the case for the Jehoash Inscription

    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 5, 2008
      David,

      This is one of the peculiar assets of biblical studies, the kind of
      parasites that surrounds it. We have deliberate fraud as probably in the
      Joash case. Or the brother of Jesus ossuarium often discussed at
      biblical lists. Then we have the more crazy people around as those who
      are always looking for Noah's ark. Another case is the quest for the
      grave of Moses. There were rumours that some Italian billionaire some
      years ago got permission to blow up Byzantine churches around Mt Nebo,
      because Moses must be buried under a church. And so on. A kind of
      continuation for the old search for splinters of the cross of Christ.

      Happily we don't discuss such matters here!

      But it is interesting how one piece of fake from Palestine gets much
      more attention than the problem about genuine artefacts from Iraq stolen
      and sold illegally.

      Niels Peter Lemche
    • Joe Zias
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 5, 2008
        I couldn't agree with you more, aside from those being on trial, it did indeed make a few folks very happy financially. That's the reason you are not getting updated from the so called 'updaters' now that the 'experts' are being questioned in the court room.
        Joe

        Joe Zias www.joezias.com
        Anthropology/Paleopathology

        Science and Antiquity Group - Jerusalem