Query on new book

  • eliot braun
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 2008
      I have heard from reliable sources that Gus van Beek has published a work on mudbrick, something which many of us has been hoping for for a number of years. Does anyone have knowledge of this work?

      Eliot Braun, Ph D
      PO Box 21, Har Adar 90836 Israel
      Tel 972-2-5345687, Cell 972-50-2231096
    • goranson@duke.edu
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9, 2008
        Quoting eliot braun <eliotbraun@...>:

        > I have heard from reliable sources that Gus van Beek has published a
        > work on mudbrick, something which many of us has been hoping for for
        > a number of years. Does anyone have knowledge of this work?
        From Worldcat:

        Glorious mud! :
        ancient and contemporary earthen design and construction in North Africa,
        Western Europe, the Near East, and Southwest Asia /

        Gus W Van Beek; Ora Van Beek
        2008
        English Book Book xx, 542 p. : ill., maps ; 27 cm.
        Washington, D.C. : Smithsonian Institution Scholarly Press ; Lanham, Md. :
        Published in cooperation with Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, ; ISBN:
        9780978846008 (hardcover : alk. paper) 0978846001 (hardcover : alk. paper)

        Stephen Goranson
        http://www.duke.edu/~goranson