The Kenyon Institute, Jerusalem in peril

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2008
      Listers,

      I've received a note (which I've uploaded here)

      http://jwest.wordpress.com/2008/09/01/the-kenyon-institute-jerusalem-endangered/

      Others may wish to take appropriate action as well or perhaps at least
      pass along the word.

      --
      ++++++

      Jim West, ThD

      http://jwest.wordpress.com -- Blog
      http://sites.google.com/site/biblicalstudiesresources/ - Biblical Studies Resources
    • Joe Zias
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2008
        This is truly a travesty after all the British Institute had done for archaeology here in the region. Colleagues must complain and support their colleagues here who are opposing this. Where is the voice of BAR ?
        Joe

        Joe Zias www.joezias.com
        Anthropology/Paleopathology

        Science and Antiquity Group - Jerusalem
        Jerusalem, Israel
      • Peter van der Veen
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2008
          I fully agree with Joe Zias and Jim West. It is a true tragedy was is happening with the Kenyon Institute. I was able to spent time for research at the Institute several times, I was not aware of the plans that Amman wanted to close down the Institute in Jerusalem. Apart from the fact what the Institute was able to accomplish in the past (a very important contribution to the Archaeology of Israel, Palestine and Jordan, e.g. the work done by Kenyon herself, C. Bennett, J. Woodhead etc etc) it is such a pleasant place to be and it has a great library and artefacts for study. This tragedy is not allowed to happen. Let us stand up and indeed we could do with some large scale help, including from BAR!!!!! I fully agree.

          Peter van der Veen

          -------- Original-Nachricht --------