Persian and Greek historiography

  • Daniel Grolin
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2008
      Dear ANE-2-listers,

      I am looking for some discussion on influences of between Persian and Greek historiography. In general I am interested in anything pre-modern, pre-Qajar (though much of that is not strictly speaking "Ancient"). Was it allowed and recognized that one could legitimately compose speeches and placed them on the lips of protagonists as we see Greek historians do?

      Regards,

      Daniel Grolin