Re: Egyptian Archaeology

  • Joseph I. Lauer
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 6, 2008
      I asked the International Center of Syracuse for the identities of the
      four visiting Egyptian archaeologists who will be speaking at the Everson
      Museum of Art, and received the following information from Vicki Smith,
      Office Administrator of the ICS:

      The speakers are:

      Dr. Mohamed Abdel Aziz El Sayed El Bialy, General Director, Antiquities of
      Aswan and Nubia.
      Dr. Tarik Mohamed El Awadi Mostafa Hassan, Chief Inspector of Abusir,
      Director, Scientific Research Department, Technical Office of Supreme
      Council of Antiquities, & Deputy Field Director, Excavation, Valley of the
      Kings, Luxor.
      Mr. Moustafa Fathy Abdalla Waziry, Director, Valley of the Kings.
      Mr. El Sayed Fathi Al Talhawy Yousef, Site Director, Taposiris Magna.

      These visitors are invited to the United States under the auspices of the
      Department of State's International Visitor Leadership Program. Their
      program is arranged by Meridian International Center in Washington, D.C.,
      and coordinated locally by the International Center of Syracuse. Our
      distinguished guests are leading experts in the field of Egyptian
      antiquities. They are visiting the United States to learn more about
      cultural heritage preservation in our country.

      Joseph I. Lauer
      Brooklyn, New York