Egyptian Archaeology

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2008
      Listers may be interested in this public lecture featuring various
      (unnamed!) Egyptian Archaeologists (archaeologists working in Egypt):

      http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf?/base/news-15/1217926668186540.xml&coll=1

      --
      ++++++

      Jim West, ThD

      http://jwest.wordpress.com -- Blog
      http://sites.google.com/site/biblicalstudiesresources/ - Biblical Studies Resources
    • Gene Greenwood
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5, 2008
        Thank You Jim,
        Do you know who the four are?
        Gene .  .   .    .

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 5, 2008
          I don't. I wish I did but the report doesn't say. Must be the four
          horsemen of the apocalypse.

          Gene Greenwood wrote:

          > Thank You Jim,
          > Do you know who the four are?
          >

          > Gene . . . .

          ++++++

          Jim West, ThD

          http://jwest.wordpress.com -- Blog
          http://sites.google.com/site/biblicalstudiesresources/ - Biblical Studies Resources
        • Joseph I. Lauer
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 6, 2008
            I asked the International Center of Syracuse for the identities of the
            four visiting Egyptian archaeologists who will be speaking at the Everson
            Museum of Art, and received the following information from Vicki Smith,
            Office Administrator of the ICS:

            The speakers are:

            Dr. Mohamed Abdel Aziz El Sayed El Bialy, General Director, Antiquities of
            Aswan and Nubia.
            Dr. Tarik Mohamed El Awadi Mostafa Hassan, Chief Inspector of Abusir,
            Director, Scientific Research Department, Technical Office of Supreme
            Council of Antiquities, & Deputy Field Director, Excavation, Valley of the
            Kings, Luxor.
            Mr. Moustafa Fathy Abdalla Waziry, Director, Valley of the Kings.
            Mr. El Sayed Fathi Al Talhawy Yousef, Site Director, Taposiris Magna.

            These visitors are invited to the United States under the auspices of the
            Department of State's International Visitor Leadership Program. Their
            program is arranged by Meridian International Center in Washington, D.C.,
            and coordinated locally by the International Center of Syracuse. Our
            distinguished guests are leading experts in the field of Egyptian
            antiquities. They are visiting the United States to learn more about
            cultural heritage preservation in our country.

            Joseph I. Lauer
            Brooklyn, New York