Chicago downloads and Cuneiform font

  • X.Wang
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2008
      Dear Colleagues,

      Two questions:

      1. The OI of the University of Chicago is kind enough to offer free
      downloads of her publications. When I was taking the advantage of this,
      however, I encountered more than once that the downloads are corrupted files
      not useable. Have you encountered similar problems, or, why so?

      2. I am beginning to use Font Creator Program 4 (FCP4) to build a cuneiform
      font in the GB2312 code with the purpose of applying GB-based input methods
      to type cuneiforms as fast as Chinese characters. The input method I have in
      mind is, by encoding the most characteristic strokes of each sign, typing
      job will not even need to know the sign name. Does anybody know if there are
      already similar attempts? I welcome coorparators for the project and will
      present the end product to the scholarly community as a free present.

      Many thanks.

      X. Wang
      Associate Professor
      School of History