Cannibal/Anthropophagy References

  • Chris Weimer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2008
      Hey everyone,

      You might have expected this from the note I asked on the 6th year,
      but I'm searching for references to cannibals (humans eating humans,
      or even animal cannibalism if deviant) and/or anthropophagy (man or
      gods eating human flesh) in ANE literature. Is there a) a good
      reference, or b) can anyone and everyone post the passages they know
      dealing with this rather gross topic?

      Also, the latest I've seen is that cannibalism in homo sapiens have
      been with us since the earliest palaeolithic times. Is this still the
      standard anthropological view?

      All the best,

      Chris Weimer