Re: Inscriptions mentioning Aminu

  • Luis Siddall
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 19, 2008
      Dear Joe,

      The Aminu seals come from Ashur. As for the relationship between
      Aminu and Ila-kabkabi, etc. you should consult the three following
      articles:

      L.R. Siddall, "The Genealogy of Adad-niari III, the Identity of the
      Ila-kabkabis of the AKL and the Status of the 'legitimisation'
      Hypothesis", Orientalia 76 (2007), pp. 368-378.

      J. J. Azize, "Who Was Responsible for the Assyrian King List?" Abr
      Nahrain 35 (1998), pp. 1-27

      Wu Yuhong, "Did the Assyrian King List Attempt to Prove the
      Legitimacy of Samsi-Adad I?" Journal of Ancient Civilizations 5
      (1990), pp. 25-37(?)

      Best wishes,

      Luis Siddall

      PhD Candidate
      Dept. of Near and Middle East
      School of Oriental and African Studies
      The University of London

      --- In ANE-2@yahoogroups.com, Joe Baker <joebaker@...> wrote:

      > Hi all
      >
      > Grayson, in RIMA Vol I, lists at A.0.26 an Aminu as a king of
      Assyria
      > and presents two seals with his name. One is inscribed "Ribam-ili
      > SCRIBE SERVANT Aminim" and the other is inscribed "Muqaddimum
      SERVANT
      > Aminim". Unlike all the other early inscription, Grayson does not
      say
      > where these two objects were found.
      >
      > Does anyone know where these seals were found?
      > Were they found in the city of Assur or elsewhere?
      >
      > The Assyrian King List refers to an Aminu son of Ili-kabkabu. Has
      any
      > academic every question this filiation?
      >
      > The Mari Eponym Chronicle could be used to suggest that the
      > relationship may be the reverse. Although this chronicle is
      > fragmentary Aminu is mentioned several times in the surviving
      parts,
      > firstly in "year 8" of Naram-Sin and lastly (maybe when he died)
      in