Update re Photo Board and Scale

  • Eric H. Cline
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4 8:42 AM
      An update -- I went with Stoney Knoll Archaeological Supplies in the
      end, as Aren and others recommended...and am very glad that I did. I
      ordered online last Friday and the items are here already today (the
      next Thursday), complete with a personal phone call from them on
      Monday, assuring me that the materials would arrive before I left (as,
      indeed, they have). I ordered a photo board and a 300-piece set of
      letters/numbers, a meter scale (which unscrews into two half-meter
      segments and has a nice nylon carrying bag), a north arrow (with
      scale), and two smaller scales for photographing artifacts.
      Everything seems to be of the highest quality; although expensive, it
      wasn't exorbitantly so. I wish that there were a few more numbers in
      the letter/symbol set (only four 7's, for example) and that the box
      containing the letters/symbols had a hinged lid rather than simply a
      removable lid, but that's the nature of the beast (other places sell
      the same set, but for more money); I can always order replacement
      letters and numbers to beef up those that I've got...and I'll figure
      out how to secure the lid so that I don't wind up with 300 loose
      letters and numbers in my backpack! Cheers, Eric