Re: How to calculate the weight of a limestone ashlar?

  • franklin_norma
    Message 1 of 5 , May 23, 2008
      Thank you for your replies -- they confirmed what I had in the meantime
      managed find out by downloading a program -- the AVD Volume Calculator
      (there is a free 20 day trial). http://www.avlandesign.com/calc.htm
      I managed with my poor (never-used) high school maths to calculate the
      weight easily and without damaging any ancient artifacts!
      The Calculator gives the specific gravity as 2610 kg/m³ for limestone --
      there should probably be an adjustment made for nari limestone though.
      The results -- the 240cm x 57cm x 57 cm limestone ashlar weighs just
      over 2 tons(metric).

      Norma Franklin