Import Restrictions Imposed on Archaeological and Ethnological Material of Iraq

  • cejo@uchicago.edu
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8, 2008
      For easy access, I have put a copy of the full text of "Import Restrictions Imposed on Archaeological and Ethnological Material of
      Iraq", published in Federal Register/Vol. 73, No. 84/Wednesday, April 30, 2008/Rules and Regulations, pages 23335-23342, at:

      http://ancientworldbloggers.blogspot.com/2008/05/import-restrictions-imposed-on.html
      or
      http://is.gd/dE8

      -Chuck Jones-
    • Charles Ellwood Jones
      Message 2 of 2 , May 8, 2008
        What I negleted to point out yesterday is that this US government regulation includes a
        very interesting 6800 word typology of Mesopotamian material culture which is intended
        to inform and alert customs agents to the types of objects they might encounter. Does
        anyone know of other detailed lists of curtural property included in laws and regulatons of
        the US or elsewhere?

        -Chuck Jones-