Re: [ANE-2] Sanford Holst's Phoenicians: Lebanon's Epic Heritage

  • Doug Weller
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2008
      Hi ANE-2,

      Sunday, May 4, 2008, 7:56:26 AM, you wrote:

      > I haven't read Holst, but it seems to be fairly popular fare (which
      > is not necessarily bad, if thats what you're looking for). If its a
      > general reliable intro in English that you're looking for, the
      > standards are Glenn Markoe, The Phoenicians (the most recent);
      > Donald Harden, The Phoenicians; and Sabatino Moscati, World of the
      > Phoenicians. If its someting more specific that you're after, let
      > me/us know and I'll/we'll try to help you out.

      Thanks. The reviews on Amazon.com and the fact that Holst's other
      books look New Age and all are apparently self-published have put me
      off him.

      Doug

      Doug Weller Moderator, sci.archaeology.moderated
      Director and Moderator The Hall of Ma'at http://www.hallofmaat.com
      Doug's Skeptical Archaeology Site: http://www.ramtops.co.uk