Administrative note

  • cejo@uchicago.edu
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2008
      Dear ANE-2 Members,

      The moderators have decided to impose a moratorium on discussion of Dead Sea Scrolls / Qumran on the ANE-2 list. The
      reasons for this action will be obvious to most readers. What may not be obvious is that there has been serious misuse of the list
      and of the email addresses of members of the list. We are working towards a solution to these problems.

      In the meantime, if any list member receives harassing or unwanted communications as a consequence of their membership in
      ANE-2, we urge you not to respond to them directly - throw them away, or if you think they are serious problems, bring them to
      the attention of the moderators.

      We thank the vast majority of the 907 subscribers who use the list in a polite and civil way. We encourage you to continue to use
      ANE-2 to engage with your colleagues, teachers, and students, and to learn about the ancient Near East.

      -Chuck Jones-
      on behalf of the moderators
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2008
        Shall we allow Stacey this last one? He mist have been writing it at the
        same time as Chuck made his memo.

        NP
      • Gene Greenwood
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2008
          Thank You Chuck,
          It's aways dangerous when children play with adult toys.
          I'm still with you!
          Gene Greenwood
          Tahoe City CA

          Message 4 of 4 , May 2, 2008
            Thanks very much. It was beginning to look like the old list just
            before the plug was pulled- and I'm glad you've taken appropriate
            measures to ensure the list continues in fine form.

            --
            ++++++

            Jim West, ThD

            http://jwest.wordpress.com -- Blog