Melammu Website Update

  • Christina
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19 2:12 PM
      The Melammu Project (The Intellectual Heritage of Assyria and Babylonia
      in East and West) concerns itself with the continuity, transformation
      and diffusion of Mesopotamian culture throughout the ancient world from
      the second millennium BC until Islamic times. This e-mail is to inform
      you that its website has been completely renewed. Updates include:

      - PDFs of all the articles from the Melammu Symposia Proceedings (five
      volumes so far);
      - bibliographies on Melammu-related themes;
      - a new lay-out;
      - many new entries;
      - and a general revision.

      The URL has remained the same: http://www.aakkl.helsinki.fi/melammu/
      <http://www.aakkl.helsinki.fi/melammu/>

      Of course, this update does not mean that the database and bibliography
      are now complete and feature all available Melammu-related material. So
      we would like to invite everyone to add entries and references to the
      database and the bibliographies, on any subject that is still missing.
      This can be done by (preferably) using the forms available in the
      'Submit' section of the website, or if that does not work, by sending an
      e-mail to the following address: melammu-db@.... The same goes
      for questions or feedback regarding the Melammu Project, its website and
      its contents. We also encourage everyone to send us PDFs of their
      published articles with relevance to the Melammu Project for inclusion
      in our Digital Library, where they can be made available for general
      download.

      Finally, we would like to remind you that the next Melammu Symposium
      will be held in Sofia (Bulgaria), 1-3 September 2008. Its theme is
      'Globalisation in the First Millennium' and although the deadline for
      submitting papers has now passed, everyone is still invited to
      participate. For more information, follow the link on the bottom of the
      homepage of the Melammu website.

      Best wishes,

      The Melammu Database team:

      Simo Parpola (Director)