Virtual Qumran Project

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2008
      Bob Cargill announced the other day the test phase of the Virtual Qumran
      project:

      http://virtualqumran.blogspot.com/

      I've given it a 'test drive' and have a number of observations
      concerning it- a sort of 'proto-Review' of the project in its beta phase.

      1- The modeling is extraordinary. By that I mean that the details found
      as one 'walks around' the site or 'flies over' are as high quality as
      one would find in one of those top notch video games that folk like so
      much. In short, it's a very realistic model (and when you can see
      individual stones in walls and pebbles on the ground you know rather a
      lot of work has gone into it).

      2- It's easy to navigate and a pleasure as well.

      3- The program runs quite seamlessly.

      4- In my estimation, the reconstruction of the site, in its various
      'phases' is right on target. From the fortress to the sectarian site,
      the evolution is visually convincing.

      When Robert announces that the program is through testing and available
      for download- do yourself and your students the favor of downloading and
      using it. The price is right, after all, since it's free.

      --
      ++++++

      Jim West, ThD

      http://jwest.wordpress.com -- Blog