Re: request for bibliography on Pharaonic lands in Canaan

  • Yigal Bloch
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3 11:38 PM
      There should be also a discussion with bibliography in C. R. Higginbotham, Egyptianization and Elite Emulation in Ramesside Palestine: Governance and Accommodation on the Imperial Periphery (CHANE 2; Leiden 2000).

      Yigal Bloch,
      Jerusalem

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 21 12:04 PM
        You may want to also consider:

        J. Weinstein, 'Collapse of the Egyptian Empire in the Twelfth Century B.C.', in William A. Ward and Martha S. Joukowsky (eds.), The Crisis Years

        (Dubuque: Kendall/Hunt, 1992).

        Gary N. Knoppers and A. Hirsch (eds.), Egypt, Israel, and the Ancient Mediterranean World (Probleme der Agyptologie, 20; Leiden: E. J.

        Brill, 2004).

        Rolf Gundlach and Ursula Rössler-Köhler, eds., Königtum der Ramessidenzeit (Agypten und Altes Testament, 36.3; Wiesbaden: Harrasowitz,

        2001)

        Robert Miller II

        Mount St. Mary's University

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 22 6:18 AM
          Overdue thanks to those who offered help. The articles cited and
          others I've pulled seem rather summarily to present conclusions similar
          to those of Redford, quoted in my initial request. It appears that the
          root of all of this is Papyrus Wilbour, a transliteration of which
          appears in Gardiner's old four volume principal edition--which is not
          very accessible. So an ILL request is currently floating around the
          aether.

          Regards and Happy Trails,

          Scott Needham,
          Boulder, Colorado, USA