material and intellectual consequences of the colllection of recently surfaced / uprovenanced antiquitie

  • cejo@uchicago.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2008
      I direct those interested in this topic to David Gill's "Looting matters: Discussion of the archaeological ethics surrounding the
      collecting of antiquities."
      http://lootingmatters.blogspot.com/

      One of the primary focal points of Gil's academic interests is on the material and intellectual consequences of the colllection of
      recently surfaced / uprovenanced antiquities. While his research focuses on material from the classical world, much of what he
      writes can be applied as well to ANE material.

      -Chuck Jones-