Re: [ANE-2] Repayahu seal

  • victor avigdor hurowitz
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2008
      Hello Frank,
      I like your interpretation not only because it bases itself on our teacher
      SEL but because it relates the picture to the context and makes sense. But
      the only parallel I remember for a "decoration" relating to the name is
      the Oniyahu seal published by Avigad which has a nice picture of a ship,
      but I think that it was declared a fake. Are there other more authentic
      iconographic parallels.
      Shabbat shalom,
      Victor

      Victor Hurowitz