Like a phoenix from the ashes ...

  • mishikwata
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 15, 2006
      Congratulations on setting up the new ANE list so fast. And good luck
      on keeping the debating atmosphere collegial!

      Best wishes,
      Gordon Whittaker
    • Mikey Brass
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 15, 2006
        Thank you to Jeffrey Gibson for setting up a potential replacement to
        ANE. No list can ever be a like for like substitute. Ultimately this
        list will either develop its own dynamics and path within its set
        guidelines, or sink. Only us members will determine which of these two
        directions will be taken.

        Here is hoping optimistically for a vibrant list.

        --
        Best, Mikey Brass
        MA in Archaeology degree, University College London

        - !ke e: /xarra //ke
        ("Diverse people unite": Motto of the South African Coat of Arms, 2002)
      • Don Mills
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 16, 2006
          ... and all the trumpets souded for them on the other side.

          (There are 209 of us here as I type.)

          Many thanks to Jeffrey Gibson for establishing the list, and to our moderators for undertaking their duties.

          Best wishes to all,

          -- Don Mills [London, England]