Re: [ANE-2] Re: David Stacey's observations/inkwells/use of term "sectarian"

    Message 1 of 42 , Jan 2, 2008
      Not "O'Connor," but Murphy-O'Connor.

      It is irresponsible to cite the editor of a collective work as if he were responsibile for all opinions expressed in that work.

      Message 42 of 42 , Jan 14, 2008
        The material culture in ancient Judaism was not group-specific !!!

        Herein I have to agree with Zangenberg et al. In so far Joe has an
        inspired dream, but that's already all.
        Whether or not a KhQ skeleton once belonged to an ancient terrorist
        (and that is what is actually behind the idealizing "Essene" legend)
        or not, we cannot extract simply from the bones, neither by means of
        logic nor with all my heart.

        NB to reach primary school, myself had to cross the local WW-I
        cemetery first, though this doesn't make me Wilheminic, isn't
        it?

        Dierk v/d Berg
        Nijmegen, Holland

        --- In ANE-2@yahoogroups.com, Joe Zias <joezias@...> wrote:

        > Paul Smith asks the following :
        > What do the Qumran cemetery facts
        tell us about the origin and the
        > provenance of the scrolls?
        > The answer is very little but the cemetery tells us an enormous amt
        of info about the people living there who were IMHO , Essenes, who
        fished ,herded, potted ...and in order to get to three scroll caves
        on the plateau one had to cross into their site whether one liked it
        or not.