Re: [ANE-2] Re: Off Topic, but amusing: Christianity was older than ancient Greece, and even

  • Tim Cashion
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 6, 2007
      Who, indeed (and I won't depress the listers blissfully unaware of The View's boffo ratings by quoting the numbers)? I was struck not only by the absurdity of Ms. Shepherd's claim, but also by the rebuttal by her co-host Ms. Behar about the relative temporal order of Greeks, Romans, and Christians. She got them right, in the basic sense, but note that nary a word was spoken about some other rather impressive civilizations that are the central concern of this list.

      Tim Cashion
      Montreal, Quebec

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 6, 2007
        Nothing matters but image.
        Gene Greenwood . . . .
        Tahoe City, California

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 7, 2007
          She's awfully good at her, er, night job as a comic actor -- probably best known as Officer Robert Barone's partner on *Everybody Loves Raymond* for years, but she's had similar parts in many other sitcoms.