arch. news in Haaretz

  • Sam WOLFF
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2007
      Three articles of potential interest to listmembers have appeared recently in Haaretz:

      calling for return of Aleppo Codex fragments:

      New Galilean synagogue with unusual mosaic motifs:

      Shalem Center (not archaeology article but provides background on the sponsor for E. Mazar's excavations):

      Sam Wolff
      Jerusalem
      named recipient(s) only.
    • George F Somsel
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2007
        It strikes me that the contents of the article on the Shalem center don't precisely comport with objectivity. I realize that Haaretz is a left-wing paper, but the tone of the article was exceedingly objectionable even if, as I assume, most of the actual facts are correct.

        george
        gfsomsel

        defend the truth till death.

        - Jan Hus
        _________

        Three articles of potential interest to listmembers have appeared recently in Haaretz:

        calling for return of Aleppo Codex fragments:

        http://www.haaretz com/hasen/ spages/930663. html

        New Galilean synagogue with unusual mosaic motifs:

        http://www.haaretz com/hasen/ spages/930817. html

        Shalem Center (not archaeology article but provides background on the sponsor for E. Mazar's excavations) :

        http://www.haaretz com/hasen/ spages/929659. html

        Sam Wolff
        Jerusalem.