Re: [ANE-2] "Iraqi Libraries and Archives in Peril: Survival in a time of Invasion, Chaos, and Civil Conflict, A Report. 2007"

  • Heleanor Feltham
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2007
      The situation is appalling, but far from a new one. May I recommend chapter VII, The complaint of books against wars, in The 'Philobiblon' of Richard de Bury, written in the early C14th and available on-line at: http://www.gutenberg.org/catalog/world/readfile?fk_files=36410 ? It is as valid a bibliophile's grief now as then.

      Heleanor Feltham