"placing the name"

  • Cynthia Edenburg
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2007
      Nebuchadnezzer II seems to be the latest attestation for the $uma
      $akanu formula discussed by Sandra Richter in her book on the
      Deuteronistic name theology.
      Is there any later evidence for the formula?

      Thanks,
      Cynthia Edenburg
      The Open University of Israel
    • victor
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 11, 2007
        Hello Cynthia,

        I can't answer your question although if you look in CAD $ s.v. you'll find
        your answer. I assume that you as well as Sandra Richter have done this
        already. Also you might try having a look at

        Radner, Karen, Die Macht des Namens : Altorientalische Strategien zur
        Selbsterhaltung (Wiesbaden:
        Harrassowitz Verlag SANTAG: Arbeiten und Untersuchungen zur
        Keilschriftkunde; 8
        Best,
        Victor Hurowitz
        BGU