Re: The Gezer calendar (Was: Tablets and baksheesh, after all)

  • funhistory
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 29, 2007
      > Did you notice whether there was something readable on the verso
      > of the Gezer Calendar? ...
      > I was unable to locate any photo or drawing of the verso of the
      > tablet.
      > Yigal Bloch,

      The resolution on this is low, but it may give you some idea what the
      verso scratches look like:

      http://www.lmlk.com/jpgs/gezer-calendar_back.jpg

      It's a replica of a replica, but cast from the original, so it's
      relatively accurate. All the major verso scratches are parallel
      lines. If the moderators would like to add a much higher-res photo to
      the ANE-2 archive (370kb instead of 8kb), just let me know & I'll E-
      mail it to you.

      George Michael Grena, II
      Redondo Beach, CA