2008 Archaeological Fieldwork Opportunities Bulletin

  • aiapnm
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2007
      Apologies for cross-listings

      Dear Excavation Directors and Project Sponsors,

      AFOB Online continues to be one of the largest online listings of
      fieldwork opportunities in the world. We are now preparing the 2008
      print edition of the Archaeological Fieldwork Opportunities Bulletin –
      derived from the online listings. AFOB 2008 will continue to feature
      sections on how to find and choose fieldwork, what to expect on site,
      regional bibliographies, and more.

      THERE IS NO CHARGE TO LIST YOUR PROJECT IN AFOB.

      Don't miss this opportunity to include your fieldwork project online
      and in print. We encourage you to submit your project to AFOB Online
      at www.archaeological.org/webinfo.php?page=10015. Projects must be
      submitted by November 16th to be included in the print edition.*

      Please note that preliminary listings are welcome. When your
      submission is approved and posted on AFOB Online, you will receive a
      confirmation email with a password allowing you to return to update
      your listing as details become finalized. Your project will be flagged
      as preliminary in the print edition, with instructions to check the
      online listing for updates.

      We are also seeking submissions for the cover image. If you have an
      image you would like to submit for consideration, please email it to
      afob@.... Images should show project participants in the field
      enjoying their experience.

      Please forward this announcement to any other listservs, bulletin
      boards, or online resources that might be interested in participating.
      We are striving to cover as many projects across the globe as possible.

      Thanks very much for your support,

      Archaeological Institute of America

      *AIA reserves the right to review all submissions and to publish only
      those it deems appropriate.

      AFOB 2008 will be available through David Brown Books in North America
      (800-791-9354) or Oxbow Books outside North America (+44 [0] 1865
      241249) www.oxbowbooks.com.