Textbook assistance

  • Mitch Allen
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2007
      I am teaching a course on Archaeology and the Bible in the spring at a
      small liberal arts women's college, to encompass both OT and NT
      periods. I have a good sense of what to textbook to use for the
      Bronze/Iron Age material but have no knowledge of books that link
      archaeology and history of the Second Temple/New Testament Period.

      Ideally, the textbook should be

      -brief (only 2 weeks on this topic)
      -inexpensive (under $30)
      -accessible to freshmen and sophomores who are not archaeology,
      history or theology majors
      -cover archaeology of Roman period in Palestine
      -examine archaeological and historical evidence concerning NT and
      early Christianity
      -archaeologically, rather than theologically based
      -deal with gender issues in some fashion
      -reasonably up to date

      Suggestions?
      thanks
      Mitch Allen