Chrsitopher Rollston, The Jezebel Seal, and an ASOR essay

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 12, 2007
      List folk will want to take a look at Chris's rather detailed look at
      the "Jezebel Seal" posted on the ASOR website this evening here:

      http://www.asor.org/seal.article.html

      Jim

      --
      Jim West, ThD

    • funhistory
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 12, 2007
        > when will real experts in the field comment on the subject ?
        > Robert Deutsch

        > List folk will want to take a look at Chris's rather detailed
        > look at the "Jezebel Seal" posted on the ASOR website
        > Jim West, ThD

        Dr. Rollston's article was informative, but I don't understand why he
        didn't wait for Marjo Korpel's BAR article to appear so he could
        address her specific reasoning. That would be the appropriate time (in
        response to Robert Deutsch's question).

        George Michael Grena, II
        Redondo Beach, CA
      • Jim West
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 13, 2007
          funhistory wrote:

          > Dr. Rollston's article was informative, but I don't understand why he
          > didn't wait for Marjo Korpel's BAR article to appear so he could
          > address her specific reasoning. That would be the appropriate time (in
          > response to Robert Deutsch's question).
          >
          > George Michael Grena, II
          > Redondo Beach, CA

          The fact that Korpel's work has already appeared in JSS is sufficient
          reason for Chris to respond. What will appear in BAR will undoubtedly
          be a popularization of her earlier work.

          --
          Jim West, ThD