More on Herod's Quarry

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 24, 2007
      Listers may find this report, including photos, to be of interest:

      http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/popup?id=3642720

      --
      Jim West, ThD

    • George F Somsel
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 24, 2007
        These only serve to confirm my original thought: Why in a country as small as Israel with as much archaeological study as has been done there have they missed something so obvious for so long. They need to put down their trowels and camel hair brushes and simply look around a bit.

        george
        gfsomsel

        defend the truth till death.

        - Jan Hus
        _________

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 28, 2007
          The talk of the quarry and the huge stones reminded me of the huge
          stones of "the little wailing wall", the soil-dam in wadi Yussuf
          below Ein Hindak (below Even Sapir).

          http://www.shvilim.co.il/Articles.asp?id=184

          What's the archeology of the place? Is it indeed Herodian?

          Ariel.

          ---
          Ariel L. Szczupak
          AMIS-JLM (Ricercar Ltd.)
          POB 4707, Jerusalem, Israel 91401
          Phone: +972-2-5619660 Fax: +972-2-5634203
          ane.als@...
        • Antonio Lombatti
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 6, 2007
            Italian renowned archaeologist Paulo Mattieh on Thursday shed light
            on the most important archaeological discoveries that the Italian
            expedition team at the ancient site of Ebla Kingdom had discovered.

            The full article can be read here:
            http://www.sana.org/eng/21/2007/10/04/142322.htm

            Antonio Lombatti

          • Laura Bizzarro
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 8, 2007
              Hola Antonio

              Me interesa el tema de Ebla, y de los descubrimiento de Mattieh, tenés info
              en italiano o en ingles disponible???

              Me han publicado un artículo mío en la Universidad del Salvador de Buenos
              Aires; te envío el link

              <http://www.transoxiana.org/12/bizzarro-mesianismo_qumran.php>
              http://www.transoxiana.org/12/bizzarro-mesianismo_qumran.php

              espero comentarios, está en español; escribime en Italiano

              Saludos

              Lic. Laura Bizzarro

              Universidad Católica Argentina

              Tel.: 15-6018-1178

              Email: lafabiwd@...

              lafabiz@...

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 9, 2007
                Hi Laura,

                the official website of the Italian archaeological expedition at Ebla
                (www.ebla.it) is still under construction and there are no updates on
                this latest discovery. Prof. Matthiae is still in Syria and I've not
                been able to contact him. Therefore, the only information I have is
                that newspaper article.

                As for you paper (by the way, congratulations), I've seen it last
                week and I've already written a post about it on my blog.

                Ciao,
                Antonio Lombatti

                http://www.antoniolombatti.it