Re: [biblical-studies] More on Professor Fritz

  • Joe Zias
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 23, 2007
      Having had the privilege to have have know 'Fritz' as he was called here in IL, his passing leaves a void on the archaeological scene here in Jerusalem. He was a 'mensch' in the truest sense of the word, loved by all of us here In Israel who knew him. He was above and beyond all the petty squabbles which have plagued the profession the last few years, we all will mourn his passing and remember his legacy.

      Joe Zias

      Jim West <jwest@...> wrote: I've finally been able to find a photo of the good professor, along with
      a brief Vita (which contains a link to his publications). What an
      impressive, impressive man.

      http://web.uni-frankfurt.de/fb06/en/staff/fritz/main.html

      --
      Jim West, ThD

    • Robert M Whiting
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 23, 2007
        On Thu, 23 Aug 2007, Joe Zias wrote:

        > Having had the privilege to have have know 'Fritz' as he was called here
        > in IL, his passing leaves a void on the archaeological scene here in
        > Jerusalem. He was a 'mensch' in the truest sense of the word, loved by
        > all of us here In Israel who knew him. He was above and beyond all the
        > petty squabbles which have plagued the profession the last few years, we
        > all will mourn his passing and remember his legacy.
        >
        > Joe Zias
        >
        > Jim West <jwest@...> wrote: I've finally been able to find a
        > photo of the good professor, along with a brief Vita (which contains a
        > link to his publications). What an impressive, impressive man.
        >
        > http://web.uni-frankfurt.de/fb06/en/staff/fritz/main.html

        Not only an impressive, impressive man, but also a thoroughly and
        genuinely nice one -- a rarity anywhere but especially in the upper
        reaches of academe. Volkmar's like will not be seen again soon.

        Bob Whiting
        whiting@...