Oldest Known Prosthesis -- Egypt!

  • funhistory
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3 7:02 PM
      This story's about a week old, but I saw a photo today & thought others
      on the list might ... (How can I resist?) ... get a kick out of it:

      http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/07/070727-egypt-toe.html

      Note that there are 2 of these toes: a wood/leather one at the Cairo
      Museum, & a cartonnage one at the British Museum (discovered & named
      after Greville Chester, who co-authored some early publications on the
      1870s excavations of Jerusalem). A little more info here:

      http://www.manchester.ac.uk/aboutus/news/display/?id=120814

      And a link summarizing Chester:

      http://tinyurl.com/yoh2vr

      George Michael Grena, II