SV: [ANE-2] Re: Book review of the Talpiot tomb- a must read

  • Dierk van den Berg
    Message 1 of 34 , Jul 4, 2007
      First of all, thanks to all for the informative responses, esp. those
      that deal with Socrates.

      Concerning "eyewitnesses" (i.e. to be verified historicity) I would
      like to throw in the strange déjà vu passage in MK 15.7 et par, the
      initial point of any Christology that aims at the Pneuma Christi -
      the trial of the two 'bar Abba'*) probably already the ultimate point
      of safe return in the quest of the historical Jesus.

      *)a rare priestly-prophetic epithet, cf. Taan 23a.
      This would, along the way, explain the priesthood of James the
      brother of Jesus as an overseer (mbq) of a local community - without
      the known genealogical leapfrogs.

      best
      Dierk van den Berg

      -----------------

      --- In ANE-2@yahoogroups.com, Jim West <jwest@...> wrote:

      > Niels Peter Lemche wrote:
      > > You didn't really get it?
      > >
      > > A primary source is the oldest source, and here Paul is a good
      candidate. But still he is not an eyewitness. From this aspect he is
      a secondary source. His informers may from this perspective by
      eyewitnesses and primary sources, but we don't have their testimony.

      > > NPLemche
      >

      > On the eyewitness question- I would only recommend Richard
      Bauckham's

      Message 34 of 34 , Jul 4, 2007
        My review: http://www.bookreviews.org/pdf/4277_4249.pdf

        Niels Peter Lemche